Dedicated employees are the backbone of our company!
When we have any employment opportunities available, we will list them below.
Are you currently seeking an internship in the Agriculture industry? Look no further! Central Ohio Farmers Co-op, Inc. is seeking Interns who are interested in working with dedicated mentors to help them discover their career path. Opportunities are in both Grain and Agronomy and are adaptable to the area of interest. While working with our Team, you will be coached by experts in the industry who are passionate and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
Applicants may forward resume and cover letter highlighting the type of internship you are interested in to email@example.com
Central Ohio Farmers Co-op Inc. is a member owned cooperative, dedicated to providing our customers quality products and services. We currently have several openings in our Marion Grain facility and new soybean processing plant. These positions will require employees to be cross-trained for both facilities.
- Assist all areas of the unloading, loading and transferring of grain and grain products which may include but not be limited to truck and rail operations
- Develop a knowledge of the product you are dealing with and its hazardous properties
- Must be aware of and follow all applicable safety and environmental regulations with respect to the product you are handling
- Understand the proper operation of conveyance equipment that is utilized in the shipping, receiving and transferring of grain and grain products and the associated safety systems of that equipment
- Perform maintenance work and follow preventive maintenance schedules.
- Visually monitors grain and grain products for irregularities and takes proper action when discovered
- Removes choke-ups, cleans spills and follows proper safety policies while doing such
- Properly and accurately record all applicable documentation
- Clean and prepare storage facilities including but not limited to grain bins and flat storage
- Follow established policies and procedures, along with proper communication, when operating grain handling equipment
- Learn the gauging and reporting of product levels in grain storage, trucks and railcars if applicable
- Perform all duties in a safe and environmentally compliant manner
- Monitors grain handling equipment conditions on a routine frequency (daily equipment checks)
- Collect proper grain and grain product samples for testing when needed.
- Understand how to safely shutdown and isolate equipment for maintenance using Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Keep current and maintain all training requirements for the position
- Assist in all other grain handling functions including but not limited to grain receiving and shipping via truck and rail.
- Provide excellent customer service, treating all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Use sound judgment and abilities to support the best interests of the company in all situations
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned
At a MINIMUM, qualified candidates will need to meet the following Position Requirements to be considered for an interview:
- Positive attitude
- Medium to high level of mechanical ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with heights
- Comfortable working on a catwalk
- Comfortable working with moving surfaces
- Must have good communication skills
- Adaptable, dependable, self-starter
- Housekeeping – sweeping, shoveling, etc.
- Follow all safety rules including LOTO (lock-out-tag-out)
- Must wear proper PPE (safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs and steel-toe boots covering ankle)
- Work well independently and as a team
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet business needs
It is imperative that all employees maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork and fosters a favorable image of the cooperative.
Applicants may forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications available on our website at centralohfarm.com